Can you imagine living in a lone lodge situated in a lonely village, at least for a few days? Here you will surely find peace and time for reflection. The lodge is owned by the charismatic sisters Kverh that will fill you with positive energy at your arrival and offer you home made delicacies. These sisters are real storytellers. Their stories also include those about the bears who regularly visit the nearby meadow. The rental of the lodge is a great starting point for exploring the region of Kočevsko, the bear land and the implementation of your activities. The program offers you an authentic experience of the way of life of our ancestors and the opportunity to discover one of the best preserved forest habitats which is exposed to extremely restricted and controlled human interventions.
What do you need: camera, hiking boots, hiking backpack, waterproof sportswear.
Highlights: Lodge in a lonely place, garden, Kočevsko Lake, Željnske Caves, saw Roška, Forest Reserve Rog, Virgin forest Rajhenavski Rog, Queen of Rog, Forest reserve Prelesnikova koliševka, the presence of predators and other wild animals.
Nature friendly practices:
- Staying at the homestead Kverhovi with a private garden and domestic animals that provide us with fresh vegetables, bear friendly milk and eggs.
- Visit of the honey cellar of the bear friendly beekeeping Kojek.
- Price: We have put together an example itinerary for you so you can get an idea of what to expect on your “Escape to the bear land” holidays. But the program is not set in stone. Please contact us and we will make you a tailor-made offer.
- Duration: 3 days
- Physical difficulty: low
- Suitable for families, couples, small groups
- The possibility of meeting: bears, stags, deer, forest birds
- Season: April to October
- Location: Kočevje with surroundings
- Minimum group size: 2
- Maximum group size: 4
Day 1 - Meeting with the sisters Kverh and renting the lodge
Day 2 - Meet the virgin forest Rajhenavski Rog and the Queen of Rog
Day 3 – Bloke Plateau and its attractions
The program “Escape to the bear land” starts and ends in the town of Kočevje which is located in the southern part of Slovenia.
There are 3 international airports within a maximum of 2 hours and a half drive (Brnik, Zagreb and Trieste) from Kočevje. We offer organized transfers from all airports. If you are interested please contact us.
Take the highway from Zagreb in the direction of Ljubljana. Leave the highway in Novo Mesto and follow the signs for Kočevje which is located only 50 km away from Novo Mesto. Leave the Ljubljana ring road at the exit for Kočevje which is located 60 km away from Ljubljana.
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- Before the beginning of the program the guide will provide you all the necessary information. Before the beginning of each daily tour the guide will provide you with all the detailed information about the daily program.
- Fourteen days before the arrival you will receive all the detailed information about the implementation of the program.
- Organized photo hunting and observation from the hunting observatory: 100 EUR (additional watching)
- Additional activities before and after the program: hiking and cycling tours, rafting on Kolpa, guided tours through Slovenia, etc.
- Additional reservation of accommodation