The program is designed for lovers of nature, hiking, photography and adventure. The path runs along the secluded paths of the Kočevje forests, home of bears and other wild animals. During this three-day guided hiking adventure, we will pay special attention to the responsible entry into the wildlife habitat. Therefore, a large part of the program is dedicated to learning about the life of wild animals, understanding their natural environments and the correct and controlled visit. We assure you that you will see real and painted bear footprints along the trail. The program includes all meals and non-alcoholic beverages. The accommodation is provided in forest huts in the middle of the Kočevje forest far away from civilization, without electricity and running water which adds charm to the adventure. Each day will begin with the traditional heavy breakfast and end with dinner prepared on the coals.
What do you need: camera, sleeping bag, hiking boots, hiking poles, hiking backpack, waterproof sportswear.
Highlights: Kočevsko Lake, Željnske Caves, Forest reserve Pugled – Žiben, saw Roška, Forest Reserve Rog, Forest reserve Rog, Virgin forest Rajhenavski Rog, Queen of Rog, Forest reserve Prelesnikova koliševka, the presence of predators and other wild animals, forest huts, traditional grilled dishes, workshop of baking bread on the coals.
Bear and/or environmentally friendly practices:
- 10% of profit for each program booked through Discover Dinarics portal goes to environmental NGO, Center for Environment
- Sleeping and dining in forest huts
- Walking is the only way of moving in the program
- Roška walkway connects some of the most attractive natural sights of Kočevska.
- Dates: 1 – 3 June 2018; 20 – 22 July 2018; 3 – 5 August 2018; 21 – 23 September 2018
- Price: 450 € per person If our offering doesn’t suit your needs, please contact us and we will make you a tailor-made offer.
- Duration: 3 days
- Physical difficulty: high
- Suitable for families with older children, couples, individuals, small groups
- The possibility of meeting: bears, wolves, lynxes, forest birds, owls, water birds of the Kočevje Lake
- Season: April to October
- Location: Kočevje with surroundings
- Maximum group size: 8
Day 1 - For starters: Željnske Caves and first adventures
Day 2 - Meet the virgin forest Rajhenavski Rog and the Queen of Rog
Day 3 – Experience the forest reserve Prelesnikova koliševka
Price for guided FOLLOWING THE BEAR FOOTPRINTS tour includes:
- 2 nights accommodations; 1st night in a
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, all meals with local/ typical touch
- Beverages with all meals
- Highly qualified and experienced guide for the duration of your trip
Rates are valid per person, based on double occupancy.
Additional night in Kočevje 35 €
Price for FOLLOWING THE BEAR FOOTPRINTS excludes:
Travel and activity insurance, personal safety, hiking equipment & any other items not mentioned as included.
1 – 3 June, 2018 GUIDED
20 – 22 July, 2018 GUIDED
3 – 5 August, 2018 GUIDED
21 – 23 September, 2018 GUIDED
If our offering doesn’t suit your needs, please contact us and we will make you a tailor-made offer.
The program “Following bear footprints” starts and ends in the town of Kočevje which is located in the southern part of Slovenia.
There are 3 international airports within a maximum of 2 hours and a half drive (Brnik, Zagreb and Trieste) from Kočevje. We offer organized transfers from all airports. If you are interested please contact us.
Take the highway from Zagreb in the direction of Ljubljana. Leave the highway in Novo Mesto and follow the signs for Kočevje which is located only 50 km away from Novo Mesto. Leave the Ljubljana ring road at the exit for Kočevje which is located 60 km away from Ljubljana.
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- Before the beginning of the program the guide will provide you with all the important information you need to know before starting the journey. Before the beginning of each daily tour the guide will provide you with all the detailed information about the daily program;
- Fourteen days before the arrival you will receive all the detailed information about the implementation of the program.