Visit the forest areas of the South, where you can experience divine nature. The forests which cover 80% of this region are so well preserved that some areas are recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites. This area is perfect for macro and wildlife photography. Three of Europe’s large carnivore species (bear, lynx and wolf) live in the area. Explore it with the locals and find amazing viewpoints above the Kolpa river canyon.
What do you need: Camera (DSLR, mirrorless, point and shoot) + tripod, zoom lenses (300mm), macro lenses, hiking boots, hiking backpack, waterproof sportswear.
Highlights: divine forests of Kočevska, photography tips and tricks during the macro and wildlife photography workshop, amazing views and landscape photography in the Kolpa Valley, the presence of wildlife, observing and photographing bears.
Nature/bear friendly practices:
• Hiking in the nature
• Guided bear watching and photography, following responsible bear watching guidelines
• Supporting known local bear friendly craftsman Kobola
- Duration: 3 day (2 nights)
- The last chance to book your place for Brown Bear watching and photography is 2 weeks before the workshop start date
- Physical difficulty: medium
- Suitable for couples, individuals, small groups
- The possibility of meeting: bears, wolves, deer, wild boar, forest, meadows and water birds, butterflies and other insects
- Season: April to October
- Location: Kočevje and its surroundings, Kolpa Valley, Loški Potok
- Group size: 2 – 6
Day 1 - Photographing around Kočevje, bear observation in the evening/post-processing workshop
Day 2 - Photographing in Kolpa Valley, bear observation in the evening/ post-processing workshop
Day 3 – Morning photography around Kočevje, end of the workshop
590 EUR per person (790 EUR with bear watching included)
- Accommodation (double room)
- Photographer guidance
- Airfares to Slovenia
- Food and drink except breakfast
- Alcohol and beverages
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Travel & gear insurance
The program “Kočevska wildlife & macro photography workshop” starts and ends in the town of Kočevje which is located in the southern part of Slovenia.
There are 3 international airports within a maximum of 2 hours and a half drive (Brnik, Zagreb and Trieste) from Kočevje. We offer organized transfers from all airports. If you are interested please contact us.
Take the highway from Zagreb in the direction of Ljubljana. Leave the highway in Novo Mesto and follow the signs for Kočevje which is located only 50 km away from Novo Mesto. Leave the Ljubljana ring road at the exit for Kočevje which is located 60 km away from Ljubljana.
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- Supplemental fees: Single room accommodation – 150 EUR per person, single person on a tour – 250 EUR per person
- The workshop is prepared as a combination of a photo tour and a workshop, but according to your knowledge and preferences, we can give emphasis on either of them. Workshop itinerary is flexible so we would like to hear your wishes and opinions, which we will think about and according to our experience, add them to the workshop.
- Before the beginning of the program the guide will provide you with all the important information. Before the beginning of each daily tour the guide will provide you with all the detailed information about the daily program;
- Fourteen days before the arrival you will receive all the detailed information about the implementation of the program.